YooRecipe is made of a component and a set of modules and plugins dedicated to cookbook management.
Component is basically a recipe, a category and a comment manager.
From the component, you can organize your categories and create, edit, delete recipes. Recipes can belong to one or multiple categories. Categories can be nested.
Many options are available. They control how YooRecipe behaves or displays things (ex: US vs metrics units)
All comments made on your recipes can be moderated, edited, deleted from the comments manager view.
You can also manage ingredients units (g, kg, pounds, ...) and ingredients groups (sauce, side dish, topping, ...) that can be used in your recipes.
Modules can be displayed at template predefined positions and are similar to widgets. They all achieve a small piece of work
- Recipes Module
- This module displays recipes. Available options make it possible to show random, featured, most viewed, best rated or most recent recipes, from a given category or not
- Single Recipe Module
- This module displays a single recipes. Available options make it possible to show/hide recipe fields like title, ingredients, category, etc
- Categories Module
- This module displays recipe categories.
- Counter Module
- This module displays a count of total published recipes
- Search Module
- This module allows user to search recipes according to a various set of parameters (name, with or without ingredients, category, ...)
- Favorites Module
- When user is logged in, he can see the recipes he added as favourites
- Reviews Module
- This modules displays latest comments users left on recipes. Its functioning is similar to an activity stream.
- Timer Module
- This modules displays a nice Apple Looking animated timer. Your users can therefore stay on your website while they cook. They can trigger the timer for the amount of time they want. It is a countdown.
- Gallery Module
- This modules displays a gallery of recipe pictures. You have control over the recipe categories to use, the number of items to display, etc.
Plugins are small chunks of code that can be called when some actions are triggered or are used to enrich a feature
- YooRecipe can be integrated with Community Builder or JomSocial thanks to plugins that displays user's recipes in his profile
- sh404SEF plugin optimizes your URL rewriting by providing you with neat, short, google friendly URLs
- Our XMAP plugin adds URLs of your recipes and their categories to your site map for a better and faster indexation from web crawlers.
- New YooRecipe Search Plugin extends Joomla native search to provide user with YooRecipe results.