Starting from v4.0.0, YooRecipe supports EasySocial integration. Activity stream, user points and badges. Build your community your own way!
YooRecipe and EasySocial Integration
YooRecipe is now fully integrated with EasySocial. Streams can be created when your users create recipes or leave recipe reviews. They can be given points and they can also receive badges.
YooRecipe comes with 4 user points rules: create recipe (+5 points), remove recipe (-5 points), create review (+5 points), remove review (-5 points).
YooRecipe comes with 2 badges: food lover (10 recipes reviewed) and grand chef (10 recipes created).
Download and install YooRecipe EasySocial Integration plugin.
Go to Extensions > Extension Manager, install plg_yoorecipe_easysocial zip archive
Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager, look for the plugin and edit it.
Set options as desired
- Mode: When activity stream, points and badges should be added (either each edit or only at recipe first creation)
- Use stream: will add an activity stream when user reviews or create a recipe
- Use badges: will keep a track of the number of reviews and recipes created to give badges
- Use points: will give points to user when he creates recipes or reviews, will withdraw points when he deletes recipes or reviews
- Show Title: whether or not recipe title should be displayed in stream
- Show Picture: whether or not recipe picture should be displayed (when available) in stream
- Show Description: whether or not recipe description should be displayed in stream
- By default, pictures are resized to 100x100 pixels.
- By default, description is shortened to 200 characters max.
You can edit plugin code in /plugins/yoorecipe/easysocial/easysocial.php
There is nothing special to achieve. Basically, you just need to discover YooRecipe User points and Badges rules.
Look for User Points
Go to Components > EasySocial > User Points > Discover and click Start Scan button.
Once points have been discovered, click on the User Points menu item.
You can now enable/disable rule points, update the points granted or deduced.
Look for Badges
Go to Components > EasySocial > Badges > Discover and click Start Scan button.
Once badges have been discovered, click on the Badges menu item.
You can now enable/disable badges, update their settings.
See it in action
If plugin option is enabled, your users will see who created a recipe or posted a review on a recipe
If plugin option is enabled, your users will see how many points they have been awarded when creating recipes or leaving recipe reviews
If plugin option is enabled, your users will see the badges they received.
- Tuesday, 03 June 2014
- Posted in: Modules and Plugins