Picture Upload Manager
YooRecipe comes with its own picture upload manager. Learn more about it here.
Simple file upload Joomla 3.x
To keep things simple, this upload system is the only one available for YooRecipe 3.x versions and above.
How to update upload system settings?
- Joomla3 users
- There is no need to preoccupy. Simple file upload will be used no matter the Image Upload settings you define.
- Joomla2.5 users
Same as J3 users, unless you run a YooRecipe version < 3.x. Access to upload system setting is available here:
Components > YooRecipe > Options > Recipe Edition tab
Security Settings All Joomla Versions
Mainly, 3 options are available: thumbnail width, max upload size & authorized extensions. These options are available in Components > YooRecipe > Options > Recipe edition
- Resize Picture
- Whether or not picture is resized on the fly when uploaded on server. Our advice is to set to No. YooRecipe can generate thumbnails. Creating thumbnails from a good quality image produces nice results.
- Resized width
- If previous option is set to yes, then YooRecipe will resize the upload picture to the specify width. Proportion is kept intact.
- Max upload size
- Maximum weight of picture (in kilobytes)
- Authorized extensions
- A comma separated list of extensions, with no spaces. Case insensitive
Legacy: "Old" versions of YooRecipe
Prior 3.5. versions, YooRecipe came with several upload systems: Joomla native file upload, SWF Upload, Drag n Drop & Simple file upload.
They allow your users to upload recipe pictures when submitting recipes from frontend.
Joomla native file upload Joomla 2.5.x
This file upload system relies on Joomla image upload.
SWF Upload Joomla 2.5.x
SWF Upload is a flash based upload system. It allows on-the-fly picture resizing. Its main concern is that it cannot work on apple devices.
Drag n Drop Joomla 2.5.x
Based on mootools, this elegant upload system makes it possible to drag a picture in an area. Pictures are not resized